Elbow Cottage stands amid fields in an acre of garden sweeping down to the Kennet and Avon Canal. Facing west across the Limpley Stoke valley, it enjoys beautiful views all around. The main house was built in about 1815 for the distribution of coal from the Somerset coal fields. It also served as an alehouse and overnight stop for canal boats. The self-contained holiday cottage is a modern addition and stands next to the old house.
If you want a quiet, healthy, relaxing holiday you can stay put and enjoy the immediate area. There are wonderful walks all around without encountering a road or you can cycle along the towpath and beyond.
Car access to the cottage, from the hamlet of Turleigh, is by a half-mile country farm track which is not suitable for cars with low ground clearance, but normal saloons have no problem.
- Accommodation for up to 4 people
- 2 bedrooms, one double, one twin
- Bathroom with bath & power shower
- Sitting Room with wood stove, TV, Recorder
- Downstairs WC/utility room/washing machine
- Electric heating
- Electricity, linen, towels provided
- Parking for 2 cars
- Large canalside garden
- Walking, cycling, boating, fishing available
- Open over Christmas
- Children welcome
- Short Breaks
- Locally Inspected
- No pets